Yield: 4 servings
- 8 frankfurters
- 1/4 cup fat
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/3 cup precooked rice
- 1 3/4 cup hot water
- 16 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- few grains pepper
- Brown frankfurters in 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Remove frankfurters.
- Melt fat in skillet; add green pepper, onion, and rice.
- Cook and stir over high heat until lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Bring to boil: cover: simmer 15 minutes.
- Replace frankfurters: simmer 5 minutes longer.
Author: Organization.Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
Source: Metropolitan Cookbook (1964-02-01)
Category: Main Dish, Meat, Grain
Ingredient: frankfurter, fat, green pepper, onion, rice, water, tomato sauce, salt, pepper
Equipment: measuring spoons, measuring cups, skillet