Yield: 6 servings
- 4 - 5 pound chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1/2 cup fresh or canned (No. 2 can) tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fat, chicken fat may be used
- Cut chicken into serving pieces.
- Roll in mixture of the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Brown in melted fat.
- Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the water, cover, and simmer about 1 hour or until almost tender, adding more water if necessary.
- Stir occasionally to keep from sticking.
- Add green pepper and tomatoes.
- Simmer about 30 minutes longer.
- Serve on seasoned hot noodles or rice.
Author: Organization.United States Department of Agriculture
Source: Tomatoes On Your Table (1944-01-01)
Ingredient: chicken, onion, flour, water, salt, green pepper, pepper, paprika, tomato, fat
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, knife, pot, stove