Mahshy Kosa (Stuffed Zucchini)
- 2 pound medium size zucchini
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 8 ounce canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Peel the zucchini and scrape out the center leaving a shell about h inch thick.
- To prepare the stuffing: add meat, onion, salt, pepper, rice, h can tomato sauce, and one tablespoon butter.
- Mix all very well with hands.
- Fill the centers of the zucchini with the meat-rice mixture.
- In a medium saucepan put the stuffed zucchini.
- Cover with rest of the tomato sauce, 1 cup of water and one tablespoon butter.
- Cook over medium low heat for about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Author: Person.Soad Mansour, Person.Layla Risk, Person.Suzy Grindi
Source: Festival of American Folklife: Egyptian Recipes (1976-01-01)
Ingredient: zucchini, ground beef, onion, salt, pepper, rice, butter, tomato sauce, water
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, knife, bowl, saucepan