Cream Custard Dressing
Related Recipes: Maraschino Salad
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, rind and juice
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon sherry
- 1 orange, rind and juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup scalded milk
- a little salt
- Mix corn starch with a little cold water; pour on scalded milk and let cook until corn starch is thoroughly done; add yolks of eggs and sugar, which have been beaten till creamy, and butter.
- Cook until eggs thicken; remove from stove.
- When cool, add juice of fruit and wine.
- Just before serving, add the whipped cream.
- Arrange fruit on lettuce leaves and place dressing on top.
Author: Person.Helen Parker Headden, Person.Katherine Newsbury, Organization.Denver Gas and Electric Co
Source: A Book of Hints on the Art of Cooking (1907-01-01)
Ingredient: sugar, lemon, whipping cream, butter, cornstarch, sherry, orange, egg yolk, milk, salt
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, stove, pot