Big Walnut 12 Cake Part 1
Related Recipes: Big Walnut 12 Cake Part 2
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 ounce compressed yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 7 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- Dissolve yeast onto lukewarm milk in small bowl, then add sugar and combine.
- Cover and let rise in warm place for about 10 minutes.
- In big bowl scald milk and add butter.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- In small bow beat egg yolks and then add sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- In large bowl, sift 3 cups flour.
- Pour mixtures of prepared yeast, milk, butter, eggs and sugar into mixing bowl with 3 cups of flour.
- Beat with electric mixer until smooth and elastic.
- Keep adding remaining flour and mixing with a wood-en spoon.
- Place on floured board and knead for about 15 minutes, adding flour as needed, to make non-sticking dough.
- Place dough in a lightly bowl and turn to grease top.
- Cover with a clean towel and let rise in warm place for about 2 hours until double in bulk.
- When dough has doubled, punch it down, again let rise till doubled (45 minutes).
- Meanwhile grease a round angel food cake pan.
- See part 2 for filling and baking.
Author: Organization.Oracle Ace, Person.Matjz & Eva
Source: ACE Cookbook (2013-02-23)
Ingredient: yeast, milk, sugar, butter, egg yolk, salt, vanilla, flour
Equipment: mixer, oven, food processor, measuring spoons, measuring cups, bowl, egg beater, cake pan