Banana Chocolate Cream Pie
Yield: 1 pie
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup flour
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- 3 ripe bananas
- Melt chocolate in milk in top of double boiler over boiling water, beating until blended.
- Combine sugar, salt, and flour.
- Stir slowly into chocolate mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thick.
- Cook 10 minutes longer; stir occasionally.
- Stir small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; then pour back into remaining hot mixture while beating vigorously.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add butter or margarine and vanilla.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Cover bottom of pie shell with small amount of cooled filling.
- Peel bananas; slice into pie shell.
- Cover with remaining filling.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and additional ripe banana slices, if desired.
- Or, make a meringue using 3 egg whites and 6 tablespoons sugar.
Author: Organization.Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
Source: Metropolitan Cookbook (1964-02-01)
Ingredient: chocolate, milk, sugar, salt, flour, egg yolk, butter, vanilla, pie shell, banana
Equipment: oven, double boiler, measuring spoons, measuring cups, pie pan