- young dandelion, greens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 thick slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 4 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs
- black pepper
- Wash dandelions and pick over carefully.
- Roll in cloth and pat dry.
- Put into a salad bowl and set in warm place.
- Cut bacon in small cubes, fry quickly and pour over dandelions.
- Put butter and cream into a skillet and melt over low heat.
- Beat eggs, add salt, pepper, sugar and vinegar, then mix with the slightly warm cream mixture.
- Cook over high heat until dressing is quite thick.
- Pour, very hot, over the dandelions, stir well and serve.
Author: Organization.Yorkraft Inc
Source: Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking (1960-01-01)
Ingredient: dandelion, salt, bacon, sugar, cream, vinegar, butter, paprika, egg, black pepper
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, knife, egg beater, stove, pot