Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- few grains pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon melted butter, or margarine
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 4 cup shredded cabbage
- Combine sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Beat egg; add.
- Add melted butter and cream; mix well.
- Add vinegar very slowly; cook over hot water, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Toss dressing with shredded cabbage; sprinkle with paprika.
Author: Organization.Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
Source: Metropolitan Cookbook (1964-02-01)
Ingredient: sugar, mustard, salt, pepper, egg, butter, cream, vinegar, cabbage, paprika
Equipment: measuring spoons, measuring cups, egg beater, double boiler