Cheese Fondue II
Yield: 70 servings
- 3 1/2 pound cheese
- 5 quart soft bread crumbs, (2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 quart evaporated milk
- 2 quart boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, (4 ounces)
- 36 eggs
- Grind cheese.
- Add bread crumbs, salt, mustard, paprika, milk, water and melted butter.
- Cool slightly, then add well beaten egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry, and fold into first mixture.
- Pour into buttered baking pans and bake in a moderate oven (350f) until set, about 1 hour.
Author: Person.Mabelle S. Ehlers, Person.Florence J. Atwood
Source: Quantity Recipes for Quality Foods (1939-01-01)
Ingredient: cheese, bread crumb, salt, mustard, paprika, evaporated milk, water, butter, egg
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, baking pan, oven