Boiled Salad Dressing
Yield: 1 cup
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Beat egg-yolks thoroughly and add the dry ingredients (mixed and sifted).
- Gradually add the vinegar and water.
- Cook in a double boiler until thick and creamy, or directly over small flame, stirring constantly.
- If whipped cream is to be used, no butter need to be added.
- If not, add butter the last thing.
- Beat with a dover egg beater until creamy.
- Keep in a cool place.
Author: Person.Louise Bennett Weaver, Person.Helen Cowles LeCron
Source: A Thousand Ways To Please a Husband (1917-01-01)
Ingredient: egg yolk, paprika, flour, butter, salt, vinegar, mustard, water, sugar
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, egg beater, sifter, stove