Roze B'khalta (Rice Vegetable Dish)
- 5 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 tablespoon raisins
- 1/4 pound ground meat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cup rice
- 2 cup water
- 2 cup chicken
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a frypan, add nuts, stir and fry for 2 minutes; add raisins and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove nuts and raisins from pan and set aside.
- Saute meat and onion in frypan over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add nuts and raisins.
- In medium-sized saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter, add rice, stir and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add water, broth and salt; bring to boil, reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Combine the rice with half of the ground meat mixture and put in serving dish.
- Put the rest of the ground meat mixture on top and serve.
Author: Person.Soad Mansour, Person.Layla Risk, Person.Suzy Grindi
Source: Festival of American Folklife: Egyptian Recipes (1976-01-01)
Ingredient: butter, walnut, raisin, meat, onion, rice, water, chicken, salt
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, skillet, knife