- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon shortening
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweet milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Beat mashed potatoes, add melted shortening, beaten eggs and milk.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to the liquid.
- Dough should be soft yet firm enough to roll.
- Separate dough into 2 parts and roll each out to thickness of 3/4 inch.
- Cut with doughnut cutter and cook in deep fat (365f) fry to golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Dust with powdered sugar or sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Author: Organization.Yorkraft Inc
Source: Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking (1960-01-01)
Ingredient: sugar, flour, egg, shortening, potato, salt, milk, nutmeg, baking powder
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, rolling pin, egg beater, pot, stove