Yield: 12 large muffins
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup sifted enriched flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup blueberries, fresh or well drained; canned or frozen
- Set oven for hot, 400f.
- Cream shortening; add sugar gradually, creaming thoroughly.
- Beat eggs; add.
- Mix and sift 1-2/3 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add alternately with milk to first mixture.
- Mix blueberries with remaining flour; stir in lightly.
- Bake in greased muffin pans 1/2 hour.
Author: Organization.Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
Source: Metropolitan Cookbook (1964-02-01)
Category: Bread, Breakfast
Ingredient: shortening, sugar, egg, flour, baking powder, salt, milk, blueberry
Equipment: oven, measuring spoons, measuring cups, sifter, egg beater, muffin pan