Cocoanut Blanc Mange
Related Recipes: Custard Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the cornstarch, sugar and salt with the cold water.
- Add the milk slowly, stirring well.
- Cook twenty minutes in a double boiler, stirring occasionally, or ten minutes over the flame, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly and add the shredded coconut and the stiffly beaten whites of the eggs.
- Add the vanilla.
- One-fourth of a cup of nuts, candied cherries or preserved pineapple may be added if desired.
- Chill in moulds wet with cold water.
- Serve with cream or custard sauce made from the egg yolks.
Author: Person.Louise Bennett Weaver, Person.Helen Cowles LeCron
Source: A Thousand Ways To Please a Husband (1917-01-01)
Ingredient: cornstarch, milk, sugar, coconut, salt, egg white, water, vanilla
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, egg beater, stove