Chocolate Upside-down Cake
Yield: 6 - 8 servings
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup hot water
- Sift together: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- Add to the dry ingredients and beat well for 2 minutes: butter, pecans or walnuts, milk, vanilla.
- Pour into an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Mix together and sprinkle over the batter in the pan: 1 cup sugar, cocoa.
- Pour over the cake batter: water bake for 35 minutes in 350f.
- Cool and serve with whipped cream.
Author: Organization.Stout State College Home Economics Club
Source: Stout's Favorites (1955-01-01)
Ingredient: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, walnut, milk, vanilla, cocoa, water
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, sifter, egg beater, baking pan, oven