Quick Coffee Cake
- 2 1/4 cup flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream shortening and sugar beating until fluffy.
- Add egg, beat well and then the milk.
- Add the four mixture, stirring just enough to moisten.
- Turn into greased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar, well.
- Add bread crumbs and cinnamon.
- Blend well and sprinkle over cake dough.
- Bake in moderate oven (375f) 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Author: Organization.Yorkraft Inc
Source: Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking (1960-01-01)
Ingredient: flour, shortening, milk, sugar, baking powder, egg, salt, butter, bread crumb, cinnamon
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, sifter, egg beater, oven, baking pan