Apple Ring Fritters
Yield: 16 - 18
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 large apples
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Add milk and egg.
- Beat well.
- Peel and core apples and slice in rings about 1/4 inch thick.
- Dip rings in batter and drop into skillet containing 1/2 inch of hot melted shortening.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over fritters.
Author: Organization.Yorkraft Inc
Source: Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking (1960-01-01)
Ingredient: flour, milk, baking powder, egg, sugar, apple, salt
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, sifter, skillet, stove