Dutch Apple Cake
Related Recipes: Lemon Sauce V
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 sour apple
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in the butter.
- Add the milk and egg.
- Mix well spread one-half an inch thick in a shallow pan.
- Pare and cut the apples in lengthwise sections.
- Lay in rows in the dough with the sharp edges pressed lightly into the dough.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake thirty minutes in a moderate oven.
- Serve with lemon sauce.
Author: Person.Louise Bennett Weaver, Person.Helen Cowles LeCron
Source: A Thousand Ways To Please a Husband (1917-01-01)
Ingredient: flour, egg, salt, milk, baking powder, apple, butter, sugar, cinnamon
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, knife, oven