Related Recipes: Confectioner's Icing
Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered cloves
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg white, beaten stiffly
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup currants
- Cream the butter and sugar, add the egg yolk.
- Mix and sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves; add these and the milk to the first mixture.
- Beat one minute.
- Add the vanilla and the stiffly beaten egg white.
- Bake in well buttered muffin pans twenty minutes in a moderate oven.
- Ice with confectioner’s icing.
Author: Person.Louise Bennett Weaver, Person.Helen Cowles LeCron
Source: A Thousand Ways To Please a Husband (1917-01-01)
Ingredient: butter, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, egg yolk, clove, milk, egg white, flour, vanilla, currant
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, oven, egg beater, sifter