Hot Fudge Cake
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 squares (or ounces) of chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- Cream the butter, add the sugar and continue creaming.
- Add the egg yolks, meited chocolate, molasses, sour milk, hot water, flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla.
- Beat two minutes, and add the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Fill well-buttered muffin pans one-half full, and bake in a moderate oven for twenty-five minutes.
- Serve hot as a dessert, with whipped cream.
Author: Person.Louise Bennett Weaver, Person.Helen Cowles LeCron
Source: A Thousand Ways To Please a Husband (1917-01-01)
Ingredient: butter, water, sugar, flour, egg yolk, cinnamon, chocolate, soda, baking powder, molass, salt, sour milk, vanilla, egg white
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, oven, egg beater