Cake with Chocolate Cream Filling
Related Recipes: Confectioner's Icing II
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg white, stiffly beaten
- Cream the butter, add the sugar, yolk of egg, dry ingredients and milk.
- Stir well, add the flavoring, beat two minutes, cut and fold in the egg white.
- Bake in a large round buttered pan in a moderate oven for thirty minutes.
- The pan should be seven inches in diameter.
- Cover with confectioner's icing.
Author: Person.Louise Bennett Weaver, Person.Helen Cowles LeCron
Source: A Thousand Ways To Please a Husband (1917-01-01)
Ingredient: butter, baking powder, sugar, mace, egg yolk, vanilla, flour, milk, egg white
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, knife, oven, egg beater