Shorpa Kharshofe (Artichoke Soup)
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 9 ounce can artichoke, hearts
- 2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon butter
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and cook for two minutes until the flour becomes golden in color.
- Gradually blend in the broth.
- Add the artichoke hearts,lemon juice, salt and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Author: Person.Soad Mansour, Person.Layla Risk, Person.Suzy Grindi
Source: Festival of American Folklife: Egyptian Recipes (1976-01-01)
Ingredient: artichoke, beef broth, flour, lemon juice, butter, salt, pepper
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, saucepan, stove