Ragout of Beef
- 1 pound pieces of beef, raw or cooked
- 1/2 pint cold water
- 3 large onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped herbs
- 1/2 ounce rice, or pearl barley
- Peel and cut the onions into rings, cut the pieces of meat into squares, put them in a stew-pan, add all the other ingredients and then the water.
- Simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
Author: Person.May Henry, Person.Edith B Cohen
Source: The Economical Jewish Cook (1897-01-01)
Ingredient: beef, water, onion, salt, pepper, parsley, herb, rice
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, peeler, knife, saucepan, stove