- 2 cup pumpkin, sieved
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon orange flavoring
- Combine ingredients except egg whites in the order listed and mix well after each addition.
- Pour into baking dish or custard cups.
- Bake in a slow oven (325f) until mixture thickens and browns.
- Beat the egg whites, adding 2 tablespoons of sugar, until stiff, spread on top of custard and brown lightly.
Author: Organization.Yorkraft Inc
Source: Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking (1960-01-01)
Ingredient: pumpkin, bread crumb, sugar, butter, egg, salt, milk, flavoring
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, oven, egg beater