- 3 cup flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening, and butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup sour milk
- 2 teaspoon soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 teaspoon cocoa
- Combine flour, sugar, shortening, and salt like pie dough.
- Save 1/2 cup of dough for topping.
- Dissolve soda in the sour milk.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and cocoa to the dough mixture.
- Add sour milk and soda to dough mixture.
- Add raisins and nuts to taste.
- Place in 13x9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the 1/2 cup dough mixture.
- Bake in a slow oven (300f) for about 40 minutes.
Author: Organization.Stout State College Home Economics Club
Source: Stout's Favorites (1955-01-01)
Ingredient: flour, sugar, vegetable shortening, salt, sour milk, soda, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, cocoa
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, baking pan, oven