- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 pound powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lemon, juice and rind
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Beat eggs well, gradually add powdered sugar, lemon juice and grated rind.
- Sift flour and add salt, soda and spices.
- Sift again and add to egg and sugar mixture.
- Beat to form smooth, medium-soft dough.
- Chill in refrigerator for several hours.
- Roll out on floured board, into long finger-shaped sticks.
- Cut into small marble sized pieces and bake on greased baking sheets in hot oven (425-f) until they turn a light, golden brown.
Author: Organization.Yorkraft Inc
Source: Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking (1960-01-01)
Ingredient: egg, nutmeg, powdered sugar, soda, flour, salt, cinnamon, lemon, clove
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, oven, baking sheet, egg beater, refrigerator, rolling pin, knife