Good, Quick Cake
- 2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar, for icing
- 1/3 cup Karo-white, for icing
- 2 egg whites, for icing
- 3 tablespoon cold water, for icing
- Sift all dry cake ingredients.
- Soften butter.
- Put dry ingredients into bowl, then add butter, milk and vanilla.
- Beat 2 minutes on low speed of mixer.
- Add eggs and beat two more minutes.
- For icing, mix and cover with coconut.
Author: Person.Claudia Biggs
Contributor: Organization.Order of Eastern Star Chapter 69
Source: Eastern Star Cookbook (1951-01-01)
Ingredient: flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, butter, buttermilk, vanilla, egg, Karo-white, egg white, water
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, sifter, bowl, egg beater, oven