- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 /3 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup chopped peaches, fresh or canned
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- whipped cream
- Cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add the milk slowly.
- Fold in peaches, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into hot fat.
- Fry golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Author: Organization.Yorkraft Inc
Source: Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking (1960-01-01)
Ingredient: sugar, milk, egg, lemon juice, butter, vanilla, flour, peach, baking powder, salt, whipped cream
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, egg beater, stove, pot, sifter