Cheese Souffle III
- 2 tablespoon butter
- cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup grated Old English or Young American cheese
- 1/2 cup scalded milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- Melt butter, add flour, and when well mixed, add gradually scalded milk.
- Then add salt, cayenne and cheese.
- Remove from fire; add yolks of eggs beaten until lemon colored.
- Cool mixture and cut and fold in whites of eggs beaten until stiff and dry.
- Pour into a buttered baking dish and bake twenty minutes in slow oven.
- Serve at once.
Author: Person.Ronald Colman
Contributor: Organization.Photoplay Magazine, Person.Carolyn van Wyck
Source: Photoplay's Cook Book (1927-01-01)
Category: Main Dish
Ingredient: butter, cayenne pepper, flour, cheese, milk, salt, egg
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, knife, oven, egg beater, baking dish