Related Recipes: Tomato Sauce III
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup cooked meat, ground fine (one or more kinds may be used)
- 2 tablespoon fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, or pimento chopped fine
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter, (melted)
- Beat the egg, add milk, seasonings, melted butter, bread- crumbs and meat.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Fill buttered cups three- fourths full of mixture.
- Place in a pan of boiling water, and bake in a moderate oven fifteen minutes.
- The mixture is done allow them to as soon as it resists pressure in the center.
- Remain in the pans a few minutes, then remove carefully upon a serving plate.
- They may be made in a large mould or individual ones.
- Serve with the tomato sauce.
Author: Person.Louise Bennett Weaver, Person.Helen Cowles LeCron
Source: A Thousand Ways To Please a Husband (1917-01-01)
Category: Main Dish, Meat
Ingredient: meat, bread crumb, pepper, milk, green pepper, celery salt, egg, salt, butter
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, oven, egg beater, stove