- 2 1/4 cup sifted alI purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup unpeeled raw red apple, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, soda, nutmeg.
- Add eggs.
- Combine and add corn syrup, lemon rind, lemon juice, apple, nuts, and margarine.
- Mix as little as possible to form dough and leave ingredients evenly distributed.
- Turn into well-greased bread pan, 4 1/2 by 9 in.
- Top with thin apple wedges dipped in melted oleo, then in sugar.
- Bake in moderate oven, 350f, about one hour.
- Cover pan first 20 minutes.
Author: Organization.Order of Eastern Star Chapter 69
Contributor: Person.C V Pullian
Source: Eastern Star Cookbook (1951-01-01)
Ingredient: flour, baking powder, salt, egg, sugar, soda, nutmeg, corn syrup, lemon rind, lemon juice, apple, nut, margarine
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, oven, bread pan