Vegetable Soup III
- 1 soup bone
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 pound stewing beef
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 2 quart water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Into 2 qts.
- Of water put soup bone and beef and boil for 2 hours.
- For a hearty, substantial soup, cut up the meat in small pieces and return to the broth.
- Add tomatoes, onions and celery.
- Also add other available vegetables, such as diced potatoes, carrots, turnip, string beans, corn, peas, cabbage or chopped peppers.
- Boil until all vegetables are tender.
Author: Organization.Yorkraft Inc
Source: Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking (1960-01-01)
Ingredient: soup bone, celery, beef, tomato, water, salt, black pepper, onion
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, knife, pot, stove