Yield: 24 sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cup graham flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup white flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup chopped nut meats, dates or raisins
- 1 cup 'C' sugar
- Sift together all the dry ingredients, add the nut meats and fruit.
- Add the milk.
- Stir well, and pour into two well- buttered loaf pans.
- Allow to stand and rise for twenty minutes.
- Bake three-fourths of an hour in a moderate oven.
- Use bread twenty-four hours old for the sandwiches.
- “C” sugar is light brown sugar and gives food a delicious flavor.
Author: Person.Louise Bennett Weaver, Person.Helen Cowles LeCron
Source: A Thousand Ways To Please a Husband (1917-01-01)
Ingredient: graham flour, salt, white flour, milk, baking powder, nut meat, sugar
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, oven, sifter