Loaf Cake (Bettina's Nut Special)
Yield: 12 servings
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup “C” sugar
- 1/4 cup nut meats, cut fine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Cream the butter, add the sugar and the egg.
- Mix well add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nut-meats, salt, milk, vanilla and lemon extract.
- Beat two minutes.
- Pour into a loaf-cake pan prepared with waxed paper.
- Bake thirty minutes in a moderate oven.
Author: Person.Louise Bennett Weaver, Person.Helen Cowles LeCron
Source: A Thousand Ways To Please a Husband (1917-01-01)
Ingredient: butter, baking powder, sugar, nut meat, salt, flour, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon extract
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, oven, egg beater