Sour Cream Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 cup butter, (or lard and butter mixed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup flour, or as little as possible
- 1/2 cup sour cream, or sour milk
- Cream the fat, add the sugar.
- Cream again.
- Add the eggs well beaten, sour milk, one cup flour, soda, salt and nutmeg mixed and sifted together.
- Add the rest of the flour.
- Roll out to one-third of an inch thickness, cut any desired shape, and bake in a moderately hot oven for fifteen minutes.
- Sugar mixed with a little flour may be sifted over the dough before cutting.
- Raisins may also be pressed into the top of each cooky.
Author: Person.Louise Bennett Weaver, Person.Helen Cowles LeCron
Source: A Thousand Ways To Please a Husband (1917-01-01)
Ingredient: sugar, soda, butter, salt, nutmeg, egg, flour, sour cream
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, knife, oven, rolling pin, egg beater, sifter, stove