- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a little lemon and almond flavoring
- raisins or currants
- chopped almonds
- Cream butter, add sugar.
- Beat egg yolks and add.
- Flour, baking powder, a little lemon and almond flavoring.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Grease jelly roll pan and spread batter 3/4 in.
- Thick in pan.
- Sprinkle cut-up raisins or currants and chopped almonds on top.
- Bake in moderate oven.
- Cut; in diamond shapes while hot.
- Loosen from bottom of pan and put back into very slow oven until crisp.
- Store in tin cans.
Author: Organization.Coon Prairie Church
Source: Country Coon Prairie Church Preservation Kokk Bok (1986-01-01)
Ingredient: butter, sugar, egg yolk, flour, baking powder, flavoring, currant, almond
Equipment: egg beater, baking pan, oven, bowl