Pineapple Chiffon Cheese Cake
Yield: 10 servings
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 No. 2 can crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup cold water
- few grains salt
- 1 tablespoon (envelope) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup Zweibach, crumbs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup melted butter, or margarine
- Combine one-half the sugar and 1/2 cup syrup drained from pineapple with slightly beaten egg yolks.
- Cook over hot water until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Soften gelatin in water for 5 minutes.
- Add to the hot mixture and stir until dissolved.
- Chill until it starts to thicken, then add pineapple, sieved cottage cheese, grated lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites, salt and whipped cream.
- Combine crumbs, remaining sugar and butter or margarine.
- Line pan with crumbs, saving out about a third for the top.
- Add cheese mixture and cover with remaining crumbs.
- Chill several hours until firm.
Author: Person.Claire V Pulliam
Contributor: Organization.Order of Eastern Star Chapter 69
Source: Eastern Star Cookbook (1951-01-01)
Ingredient: sugar, lemon rind, pineapple, lemon juice, egg yolk, egg white, water, salt, gelatin, whipping cream, Zweibach, cottage cheese, butter
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, egg beater, double boiler, stove, refrigerator