- 1/2 box gelatine
- 1 pint cold water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, worth of juice
- 2 oranges, or 3 depending on size
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Soak gelatine in cold water for a half hour, bring to the boiling point and carefully stir in well-beaten egg yolks mixed with 1 cup sugar.
- Take from the fire and flavor with lemon juice and orange juice.
- Let it stand on the ice till cold and stiff.
- Turn into a glass dish and heap up over it eggs beaten until stiff with powdered sugar gradually sifted in.
Author: Person.Florence A Cathcart
Contributor: Organization.Girls' High and Normal School
Source: Alumnae Cookbook (1891-01-01)
Ingredient: gelatine, water, egg yolk, sugar, lemon, orange, egg white, powdered sugar
Equipment: measuring cups, egg beater, measuring spoons, refrigerator, baking pan