Glazed Baked Apples
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large baking apples
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon butter, or margarine
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red currant, jelly
- Set oven for 350f.
- Wash and core apples; pare 1/3 the way down from stem.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Combine next 4 ingredients.
- Fill centers of apples.
- Top each with 1/2 teaspoon butter.
- Combine water and the 1/2 cup sugar; pour over apples.
- Bake, covered, for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender, basting once or twice with syrup in bottom of pan.
- Remove from oven.
- Melt jelly over low heat: stir with a fork.
- Spoon over apples.
- Place in broiler 3 inches from heat: broil 3 or 4 minutes or until glazed.
- Serve warm or cold with cream.
Author: Organization.Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
Source: Metropolitan Cookbook (1964-02-01)
Ingredient: apple, raisin, sugar, lemon peel, cinnamon, butter, water, currant
Equipment: oven, measuring spoons, measuring cups, knife, baking pan