- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix the beaten egg and sugar, add the milk, flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder, sifted together.
- Take one-half of the dough, and roll out one-third of an inch thick.
- Cut with a doughnut cutter.
- Roll and cut the other half.
- Put the scraps together and roll again.
- Fry in deep fat, turning until a delicate brown.
- Drain on brown paper.
Author: Person.Louise Bennett Weaver, Person.Helen Cowles LeCron
Source: A Thousand Ways To Please a Husband (1917-01-01)
Ingredient: sugar, flour, egg, salt, milk, cinnamon, baking powder
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, knife, rolling pin, egg beater, strainer, sifter