- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup salt
- 4 heads dill
- cucumbers, as many as desired
- Place cucumbers in crock with dill.
- Mix water, vinegar and salt, and pour over cucumbers until they are completely immersed.
- Place dill on top and cover with a plate slightly smaller than the crock opening.
- Place a weight on top of the plate to hold it down (this is done to keep the dill and cucumbers immersed in the liquid).
- Allow to stand three days for 'half-sour' dills; after one week they should be well soured.