Devil's Food Cake
Related Recipes: Chocolate Frosting II
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 1 cup cold water
- Put first five ingredients together and sift four times.
- Place in mixing bowl and add miracle whip and cold water.
- Cream this mixture and pour either into a loaf pan or make two layers in 9-inch pans.
Author: Person.Sarah Hall
Contributor: Organization.Order of Eastern Star Chapter 69
Source: Eastern Star Cookbook (1951-01-01)
Ingredient: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salad dressing, water
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, sifter, bowl, egg beater, baking pan, oven