Cukrove Kukesy (Sugar Cookies)
Yield: 5 dozen 2-1/2 inch cookies
- 1/2 cup soft shortening, half butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon flavoring, vanilla or lemon or both
- 1 1/4 cup sifted flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix shortening, sugar, and egg together thoroughly.
- Stir in milk and flavoring.
- For additional flavor add 3 or 4 drops butter flavoring.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and stir into creamed mixture.
- Chill the dough.
- Roll very thin and cut into desired shapes.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes until delicately browned.
Author: Organization.Clarkson Woman's Club
Source: Old Czech Recipes for Today's Kitchens (1920-01-01)
Ingredient: shortening, sugar, egg, cream, flavoring, flour, baking powder, salt
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, egg beater, sifter, rolling pin, refrigerator, baking sheet