Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounce frozen cooked crawfish
- 2 sticks chopped celery
- 1 nice size chopped green pepper
- 1 nice size chopped onion
- 1 chopped carrot
- diced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon heaping of flour
- 3 cup water
- cayenne pepper
- In a large pan, sautÃƒÂ© the vegetables in the butter and olive oil.
- Cook until tender.
- Add the cayenne and salt.
- Add the flour and continuously stir until the roux dark-ens.
- Never stop stirring.
- When it starts to smell like peanuts, you can stop or you can go for a darker roux.
- Pour in the water and stir well.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the liquid is sort of thick.
- Add the crawfish and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour over rice or french bread.
Author: Organization.Oracle Ace, Person.Lewis Cunningham
Source: ACE Cookbook (2013-02-23)
Category: Soup, Seafood
Ingredient: butter, olive oil, crawfish, celery, green pepper, onion, carrot, garlic clove, flour, water, cayenne pepper, salt
Equipment: pan, measuring cups, measuring spoons