Cottage Cheese Pie
- 1 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pie crust
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- Combine cottage cheese, sugar, flour, salt, lemon rind and spices.
- Add beaten egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
- Add milk gradually and stir smooth.
- Fold in beaten egg whites and pour into 9 inch, pastry lined pan.
- Bake in moderate (350f) oven, 1 hour.
Author: Organization.Yorkraft Inc
Source: Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking (1960-01-01)
Ingredient: cottage cheese, egg, sugar, milk, flour, cinnamon, salt, pie crust, lemon rind
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, oven, egg beater