- 6 quart cherries
- 1 1/2 quart sugar
- 1/2 pint water
- Measure the cherries after the stems have been removed.
- Stone if desired.
- If they are stoned, be sure to save the juice.
- Put the sugar and water in a kettle and stir over the fire until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cherries and heat slowly to the boiling point.
- Boil ten minutes skimming carefully.
- Put into sterilized jars, filling the jars to overflowing with the syrup.
- Seal securely.
- (When filling the jars stand them in a pan containing boiling water.
- This keeps them from breaking) .