Breast of Veal or Mutton Stuffed
- veal, or mutton breast
- 2 ounce beef
- 1/4 pound suet
- 1/2 lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon chopped herbs
- parsley, to taste
- salt, to taste
- mace, to taste
- 4 ounce bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Shred the smoked beef, chop the suet, lemon-rind, and herbs, mincing all very finely.
- Add seasoning to taste, and mix well with the bread-crumbs before wetting with the egg.
- Work all together and use.
- Cut breast in half and stuff ; or bone, stuff and roll round.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hour, basting well.
Author: Person.May Henry, Person.Edith B Cohen
Source: The Economical Jewish Cook (1897-01-01)
Ingredient: veal, beef, suet, lemon rind, herb, parsley, salt, mace, bread crumb, egg
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, oven, knife