Banana Nut Cake
- 2 1/4 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup snowdrift
- 6 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Sift together in large bowl flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add snowdrift, brown sugar, buttermilk and mashed bananas.
- Mix enough to dampen flour, beat two minutes, low speed, add eggs, vanilla and flavoring.
- Beat 1 minute to smooth batter, fold in chopped nuts.
- Bake in two layers, 375f, about 30 minutes; cool and frost with lemon cream filling.
Author: Person.Elah Miles
Contributor: Organization.Order of Eastern Star Chapter 69
Source: Eastern Star Cookbook (1951-01-01)
Ingredient: cake flour, baking powder, soda, salt, snowdrift, buttermilk, brown sugar, banana, vanilla, egg, flavoring, nut
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, egg beater, oven, baking pan